Application of emulsifier in the cosmetics industry
In cosmetic machinery equipment, or in a cosmetic production line equipment, it is generally composed of a plurality of cosmetic equipment. In these devices or production lines, the most important role is the emulsifier equipment. What are the applications of emulsifier equipment in the cosmetics industry? Emulsifiers are widely used in the production of cosmetic creams, ointments, lotions, carbomers, toothpastes and other products. What are its advantages? Take a look!
First, cream, ointment, lotion
In cosmetic creams, ointments, lotions, and many other products, their manufacturing processes are basically similar. The production process of these products is generally to hydrate, disperse, or disperse thickeners, pigments, perfumes or other active agents into another oil phase or aqueous phase. The two phases are then emulsified, cooled, and packaged. The difficulty lies in how to effectively hydrate the powder (often difficult to disperse), how to effectively carry out two-phase emulsification and obtain a uniform product. Modern first in the cosmetics industry equipment can solve these problems.
Advantages of vacuum emulsifier equipment in the manufacture of creams, ointments and lotions:
* Improve uniformity and effectively control viscosity.
The viscosity of the final product often depends on the level of hydration of the thickener and the size of the emulsified particles. Conventional methods do not ensure complete hydration of the thickener, nor do they guarantee a narrow range of particle size distribution after emulsification. A series of high shear mixing equipment can solve the above problems. The strong shearing action caused by the rotation of the dispersing head allows the thickener to be fully hydrated and achieve a relatively stable viscosity. The mixer allows the emulsification process to be sufficiently and stable and to achieve a narrow particle size distribution. According to different application requirements, in order to get a more accurate particle size, you need to choose the most suitable dispersing head and mixing tools.
* save time.
Traditional methods take a long time to hydrate the solids and form the final emulsion. Industrial equipment can provide a strong input of energy, accelerating these processes, thereby reducing the amount of time spent.
Industrial equipment suitable for the manufacture of creams, ointments and lotions: LR series high shear homogenizer, ZJR series vacuum emulsifier, Mixcore recirculating emulsifier and MF series liquid washer.
Carbomer® (Carbomer® is a registered trademark of Noveon Corporation) is one of the most commonly used carbohydrates. It is a component of cosmetics used for the thickening, suspension, stabilization and emulsification of cosmetics. Carbomer® is very low in density and is prone to flying dust. If it is not given high energy agitation, it is easy to float on the surface of the liquid. Dissolved in a liquid, it is more likely to agglomerate or produce fish eyes. The viscosity of the product is very sensitive to pH. Therefore, it is necessary to add a pH adjuster (high pH substance) to adjust the viscosity of the finished product. Yikai offers a range of high shear dispersers to provide solutions for cosmetic manufacturers.
Advantages of high shear emulsifiers for aqueous carbomer processing:
* Easier to mix with liquids. Provide a variety of designs, batch or online processing methods, suitable for carbomer dispersion. The Mixcore series of external circulation emulsifiers can add powder directly to the liquid system to remove dust or air.
* The product’s uniform high-shear emulsifier’s stator/rotor structure ensures that the final product is free of agglomerates.
* Reduce personnel use. Industrial equipment differs from other manufacturers’ equipment in that it is not very sensitive to ingredients. It can also provide customers with a complete solution for powder feeding, which is controlled by PLC.
* Reduce the amount of raw materials used. The elimination of agglomeration can eliminate the filtration process and reduce the waste of powder. At the same time, the stator-rotor disperser ensures that the powder is completely wetted, and the pH value is precisely adjusted to avoid adjustment with lye.
Mixer suitable for hydration carbomer process: ZJR series vacuum emulsifier, Mixcore recirculating emulsifier.
Toothpaste is a household item that we are very familiar with. However, there will be certain difficulties in the production process. Different types of solids need to be dispersed into the aqueous phase during the manufacturing process. These solids include thickeners (such as CMC, cellulose, xanthan gum, etc.), abrasives (such as silica), perfumes, pigments, and other ingredients (such as fluoride). Traditional hybrid technology takes a long time to solve the problem of product agglomeration and agglomeration. Moreover, the product is not easy to stabilize, the two phases are easily separated, and the raw materials are wasted. Hybrid dispersion equipment can help you solve the above problems.
Advantages of toothpaste making machine in toothpaste manufacturing:
* improve product quality. The high shear mixing of industrial equipment (see technical information) ensures that the solids are fully and rapidly dispersed in the liquid phase.
* Simplify filtering and reduce waste. Resins and thickeners often form fish eyes or agglomerates when added to water. The high shear mixer avoids agglomeration, maximizes contact between solids and liquids, and provides sufficient wetting to eliminate filtration and reduce waste.
* save time. The conventional method requires a long time to stir so that the powder can be sufficiently wetted. The innovative dispersion head design ensures rapid dispersion of the raw material into the aqueous phase for full wetting and is done in one step.
* Easy to upgrade. Unlike equipment manufactured by other manufacturers, industrial equipment can easily move from small laboratory instruments to large equipment in production by maintaining the same shear rate and line speed, without requiring users to re-innovate from overproduction to overproduction. Design selection.